A few days after the launch of Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Z Flip 4 Samsung has begun to release Android 12L with One UI 4.1.1 interface also on other compatible folding devices, thus equalizing the feature set software present on previous generations of Galaxy Z Fold and Flip.
The update is currently being distributed on Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Z Flip 3, but it should also arrive very soon on all other foldings, so also on Galaxy Z Fold 2, on the first Galaxy Fold, on Z Flip 5G, and on the first Z Flip, thus unifying the user experience of the entire Z range.
As for the news in the update, we remind you that the main one – for the Folds – concerns the introduction of the Taskbar in the lower part of the screen, which allows a much more fluid and effective management of multitasking. There are also new gestures – under the heading Labs – to simplify the launch of apps in split screen mode and an update of the system used to take selfies with the main camera, thanks to the help of the second screen.
Regarding the Flip, however, we find the new quick settings, the Direct Dial function, and the introduction of the FlexCam mode that allows you to use the external screen to control the main photographic sector and much more.
GALAXY WATCH 4 IS ALSO UPDATED
As anticipated in recent days, Samsung has also begun to release the update that introduces Wear OS 3.5 and the One UI 4.5 interface on the smartwatches of the Galaxy Watch 4 family. We have already detected the update on one of our Galaxy Watch 4 (still very current, find out in the full review ) and the weight is really important since we are talking about just over 900 MB, as evidenced by the images proposed just below.
We remind you that the main innovations of Wear OS 3.5 and One UI 4.5 concern the more complete management of Dual SIM smartphones even directly from the wrist, greater customization of the dials, and a new QWERTY keyboard with Swype functionality. Just below you will find the complete changelog of the update which includes all the details of the new firmware.
WEAR OS 3.5 AND ONE UI 4.5: FULL CHANGELOG
- Enjoy the new watch faces, improved, enriched with style, and with customizable options,
- 6 new clock faces (Pebbles, Flower Garden, Scoreboard, Pro Analog, Moving Numbers, Color Gradient Number)
- Addition of additional customizable options for existing clock faces (Dial, Indexes, Font, Color, Personalization, Clock Type)
- New customizations have been added.
Watch Home screen
- Add watch faces to your favorites and make it easy to find and replace them.
- Check out the list of watch faces to add your favorite and discover new ones.
- A function will be added that will allow you to switch between photo and video shooting. Note: Only major Samsung
- models after Galaxy S9 and Note9 with OneUl 4.1.1 or later are supported.
- You can enter text using the QWERTY keyboard and gestures. (Some languages are not supported)
For text input, you can switch between input modes (keyboard, voice input, and handwriting)
- Playback of GIF animations of Samsung message notifications is supported.
Telephone, Address Book
- When the watch is connected to a Dual SIM phone,
the icon of the SIM used in the phone is also displayed on the watch.
if no preferred SIM is set on the phone, the watch will select one to make a call.
you can make calls from other SIMs connected to the watch even if a preferred SIM is set on your phone.
- The entry field is available in message threads.
The last used mode is supported in the input field.
Draft messages are kept in the input field.
- “Date, alarm name, resend” setup functions have been added.
- The files recorded on the watch are quickly saved on the connected phone.
- Larger sizes are supported for font size settings.
- Additional auxiliary functions are supported to “improve visibility”.
The “Left and Right Audio Balance” control function has been added for “hearing aids”
The “Long Press Interval” setting function has been added to facilitate interaction and dexterity.
- The “Quick Commands” function is supported, which groups and performs multiple actions with a single command.