HONOR, these days, has not only presented the 5G X40 smartphone, the company, in fact, has also launched – for now only in China – the Pad X8 tablet. It is a device with a 10.1 “FHD screen, MediaTek Helio G80 processor with 4 GB of RAM, 5 MP rear, and a 2 MP front camera.
The tablet also has a rather interesting design, characterized by an elegant aluminum alloy body, with a thickness of only 7.55 mm. On the audio side, there are two speakers, which ensure a large 2.2 cc sound cavity and can support the “HONOR Histen” sound effects.
The 5,100 battery, on the other hand, should ensure good autonomy. Considering the technical specifications, it could be a device dedicated to students, perhaps as support during their studies.
HONOR X8: Technical Characteristics
- Screen: 10.1 inch IPS FHD 224 PPI (1920 × 1200 pixels)
- CPU: MediaTek Helio G80 octa-core 12nm (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A75 + Hexa 1.8GHz 6x Cortex-A55 CPU)
- GPU: Mali-G52 2EEMC2
- RAM: 4 GB / 6 GB
- Internal memory: 64GB / 128GB expandable with microSD up to 512GB
- Rear camera: 5 MP f / 2.2
- Front camera: 2 MP f / 2.2
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz / 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Battery: 5,100mAh
- Weight: 460g
- Dimensions: 240.2 × 159 × 7.55mm
- Operating system: Android 10 with Magic UI 4.0
Price and availability
The HONOR Pad X8, available in Dawn blue and Mint green colors, is priced at 1199 yuan (171 euros) for the 4GB + 128GB version while the 6GB + 128GB version costs 1299 yuan (185 euros). It will be available, for the moment, only in China from 22 September (it is already possible to order it).